|Deadline||May 31, 2019|
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success, but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
This Internship’s core focus will be Finance
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
All work must be done accurately, comprehensively and to an acceptable quality.
- Assist in preparing monthly creditors reconciliations for supplier payments
- Manage Creditors cycle as per the company policies and procedures
- Liaise effectively with procurement, treasury, and management and ensure team work, encourage co-operation.
- Mange and resolve supplier, internal other relevant queries
- Capture various Purchase orders
- Match approved invoices for payment
- Review and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Perform any other related functions requested by management
- Ensure compliance with the VAT Act
- Develop an understanding in order to assist with the BEE requirements relating to procurement and related reporting
The successful candidate will be required to display the following competencies in this role:
- Communication – communicates clearly and professionally.
- Interpersonal skills – relates well to diverse people
- Detail orientation – accurately captures or communicates information
- Desire and potential to learn
- Ability to conduct research
- Self motivated
- Basic computer skills
- Priorities tasks as needed
Education and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/ Accounting/ Bookkeeping
How to apply
Visit the Discovery website on the following link: https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=28249&company=discoveryhP&username
Click on the “Apply” button and proceed to follow the instructions.