|Deadline||June 13, 2019|
An ICT Intern Technician is responsible for general maintenance of computers and computer equipment and for resolving identified technical problems.
Key Performance Areas:
Provide Service Desk support to end users within the required response and resolution times. This includes the following areas but not limited to them:
- Assist with technical-related issues via telephone or e-mail and records issues into the Service Desk Call Tracking system
- Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance
- Utilise remote desktop control tools to troubleshoot/evaluate issues via telephone;
- Enforces and implements policies and procedures for user logons, access to servers, internet, and other necessary functions as set forth by the Service Desk Controller
- Troubleshoot and/or diagnose computer hardware and software operating systems and applications
- Connect and set-up office automation equipment, multi-function printers and other peripheral devices
- Assist users with issues insofar as their MS Office is concerned but not to train them in the use thereof
- Provide user support, limited changes and maintenance on Active Directory
- Assist with the housekeeping of the ICT Workshop and Vault
- Provide first and second level support on problems pertaining to networks, backup processes, and specialised software systems.
Minimum: BTech Information Technology
- Good knowledge and understanding of assembly and disassembly of computer hardware
- Understanding troubleshooting of operating systems, network connectivity and applications
- Good knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and MS Office.
How to apply
Visit the link below and press the “Apply Now” button close to the top of the page and follow the requisite instructions.