Mediclinic offers many career options as well as trainings, specifically including nursing learnerships, Through this programme, the company offers professional training in nursing to attain a certificate of an enrolled nurse. This programme is a two years of duration course. All selected participants will gain superior education and expert training to excel within the fast-paced medical field. Those who have successfully completed the Mediclinic Nursing Learnership will be qualified to register in the South African Nursing Council (SANC).
In order to be enrolled in a nursing learnerhsip, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements.
- South African citizen, proven by a copy of ID and proof of address that are certified no longer than three months before the application deadline.
- Aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Submit detailed Curriculum Vitae with contact details, contactable references and any other information that may be pertinent.
- Completed Matric or Grade 12, proven by submitting a certified copy of a valid Matric or Grade 12 certificate.
- Proficient in English – in reading, writing and speaking
- Competent in Biology and Life Sciences, proven by submitting a certified copy of transcripts
- Provide certified copies of any other relevant certificates
- Able to operate a computer – basic use at the least
- Be self-motivated and able to work in a team
- Not currently attending any learnership programme
How to apply
Those interested in the programme may apply on the Mediclinic’s official website on www.mediclinic.co.za. Shortlisted applicants will then need to take a health evaluation and psychometric test in order to proceed with the learnership selection process. Applicants will then be interviewed for the final selection process. Applicants that had successfully fulfilled all the requirements and pass through all the selection process will need to sign a contract with Mediclinic before they can finally be enrolled in the nursing learnership.
Most institutions prefer online or hand-delivered applications; therefore, any application sent by registered mail, e-mail or fax will not be accepted. Applications must be handed in to the same office where it was collected from. All submitted application documents will be verified to ensure authenticity due to a large number of applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.