|Company||South African National Space Agency|
|Deadline||May 10, 2019|
The Trainees in this role will be exposed to satellite ground station operations which include rendering Earth–Observation satellite data acquisition services to SANSA’s Earth-Observation directorate, providing Tracking, Telemetry and Command (TT&C) support and satellite monitoring services to a host of international space agencies and satellite operators, monitoring and first line maintenance of SANSA owned and customer hosted systems, equipment and infrastructure.
The successful candidates will learn how to:
- Operate, maintain and monitor Radio Frequency (RF) and electronic equipment associated with Satellite Operations
- Earth-Exploration Satellite Services
- Participate in TT&C operations which involves the rendering of ground segment services to SLV’s (Satellite launch vehicles)
- Launch, Transfer-orbit support operations, LEOP (launch and early-orbit operations) to international clients, In-orbit testing
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance tasks
- Participate in ad-hoc project work.
- S3/S4 Electronic Engineering qualification with good academic results specializing in Telecommunications
- In search of P1 and P2 in-service training to complete the qualification
- Satellite Technology course work
- Understanding of microwave principles, applications and telecommunications
- Proficient in English language and good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Must be able to use both hands and have good vision
- We are in a remote area with no access to public transport, applicants need to have a valid driver’s licence and arrange own transport to and from work.
How to apply
Upload your detailed CV and apply on: https://jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/30332